Inveneo is Hiring: Project Management Director
We’re looking for a Project Management Director, with experience leading multi-year, large-scale technical implementation projects – up to 100 locations, who can lead a team that manages 1-2 projects at time in countries like Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Peru and Rwanda. The position will be based in San Francisco, CA, and may require significant travel in austere locations.
Download the PDF Inveneo Project Management Director job description
If you have the skills, come join Inveneo and help transform peoples lives and opportunities around the world with improved access to ICTs.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Project Manager Director will lead one of the core teams at Inveneo – project management – that is responsible for launching, managing and delivering to completion a range of small to large scale implementation projects with our local Inveneo Certified ICT Partners (ICIPs) in-country. These projects will result in regional broadband network implementations and/or sustainable computing and local area networking installations for 100s of schools or clinics.
Project Management Director Responsibilities
- Lead team that designs and manages projects from conception (after the project is won) to completion.
- Coordinate with an internal team of engineering and program delivery resources (including trainers for technical and business skills).
- Oversee contracting and management of local Inveneo partners as part of local delivery team.
- Support project managers in interfacing with multiple external organizations who are responsible for delivering components of the projects in partnership with Inveneo.
- Oversee and management development of project schedules and lead priority setting with internal resources including engineering, sales, project management.
- Manage budgets for the project portfolio and lead project managers in developing and reinforcing skills around budget and change management processes.
- Lead evolution project management processes as the Inveneo portfolio of projects grows.
Examples of Potential Projects
- Implementing regional rural broadband network with 1 – 3 local ISPs in a country in Africa.
- Implementing a range of software, computing and networking infrastructure solutions (including solar and battery power systems) in 500 rural schools.
- Implementing a regional broadband network and complete computing and server infrastructure for rural clinics, hospitals and dispensaries.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5 – 10 years experience in project management for technology-based projects, with large scale project experience.
- 3 + years leading project management teams.
- Experience in systems integration projects – software, computing, networking and all elements for delivering, including skills transfer/training.
- Leading projects with multiple external partners and contractors to deliver results for external clients.
- International project management experience, preferably in developing countries.
- Highly collaborative work style; must play well with others on the Inveneo team.
- Previous experience implementing USAID projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Fluency in French or Spanish, in addition to English
- Subject matter expertise with development projects related to education, health or economic development
- Downtown San Francisco
- International Travel – up to 30%
To apply, please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter to jobs [at] inveneo [dot] org
NOTE: Employment is contingent upon award.